Pomme Frites with Cajun Remoulade Recipe and Review
"Pomme frites" is just the French term for french fries (4+ years of French paid off!!); which is why I didn't get overly excited when I saw them listed as an appetizer on the menu at the Cafe Orleans restaurant at Disneyland several years ago. But we ordered them anyway and, wow, were they good! Super crispy shoestring fries tossed with spices, garlic, parsley, and Parmesan cheese. So tasty!
Since then, an trip to Cafe Orleans and an order of pomme frites has been a must on almost every Disneyland trip. So, when we found a copycat recipe online, were we going to try it out? Um, yes please!
The recipe we used came from "A Cup of Disney", and can be found here. (NOTE: We did not have Cajun seasoning, so we subbed with Creole seasoning instead.)
So, here is it: Pomme Frites with Cajun Remoulade
First up: Cajun Remoulade (Do this first, so that it's ready in time to serve the pomme frites while they're still hot!)
- 1 cup Thousand Island dressing
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1/4 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- a pinch of paprika
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp Cajun seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix up all the ingredients together until fully combined.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Up Next: Pomme Frites
- 1 tbl chopped garlic
- 1/2 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp chopped fresh parsely
- 1/2 tsp coarse salt
- 8 cups vegetable oil
- 10 ounces frozen french fries (We HIGHLY recommend shoestring fries!)
- Mix together the garlic, Cajun seasoning, cheese, parsley, and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large pot or frying pan over high heat until 375 degrees. You can check the heat by placing one fry in the oil. If it immediately sizzles, the oil is ready!
- Fry the frozen fries in batches as necessary, being careful not to overcrowd the pot/frying pan, cooking 4-5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Transfer to paper towels to drain and then toss is the seasoned cheese mixture. Serve hot with remoulade.
Results: Amazing! Highly recommended! I know that there are a lot of ingredients here, and (as someone who is not great in the kitchen) I was a little intimidated. But, this actually was not a big undertaking and almost every ingredient on the list was already in the kitchen!
Try them out for yourself! You won't regret it!
This year for Mother's Day we did all our favs from Disneyland & these where one of them. They were spot on!! Thank you for sharing this!!ReplyDelete
This comment has been removed by the author.ReplyDelete