The new year is here! Time to take down the holiday decorations, make some resolutions, and get organized. For the Disneyland Resort, that means a new ride, new events, new entertainment, and some much needed ride refurbishments. Are you heading to the parks in 2020? Here's what you can expect for the start of the new decade.
A Brand New Ride!
**FYI: From what we've heard about these parties before, not every ride is open but most people want to do all of the character photo ops so the ride lines tend to be pretty short. Take advantage and plan out what you want to be able to see and do!
- On January 29 there's 80s night: Fantasyland Theater is transformed back into Videopolis (if you're old like me, you'll remember this one!) with music and dancing, an 80s themed fireworks show, special food and merch, and special "nostalgic" meet and greets.
- February 12 and 13 will be Sweethearts night, returning from last year: Love song themed dance parties located across Disneyland Park, meet and greets with Disney couples, romantic photo ops, and (as always) special food and merch.
- March 5 will be Pixar Night over at California Adventure: Check out Pixar dance parties that are themed to the different classic movies, Pixar pal photo ops, and *of course* special food and merch!
- Also in DCA on April 30 is the amazing VILLAINS NIGHT: Check out your favorite villains in the Villains Cabaret show, photo ops with villains and photo backdrops of their lairs, and YOU GUESSED IT, special food and merch! (Seeing the pattern??)
Closed for Refurbishment
- Snow White's Scary Adventure
- Beginning January 7, Snow White is getting a major makeover. You can expect new projections (much like Peter Pan and Alice in Wonderland got), new music, and a BRAND NEW ENDING! You'll no longer be left hanging when the dwarfs defeat the witch. We'll get a new scene where Snow White happily wakes up in the forest. So exciting! Plus the outside of the ride will get a facelift to help it match the castle. No official word yet on how long the ride will be closed, but we've heard this might be a long one, reopening in the Summer. Stay tuned on our Facebook page for updates.
- Haunted Mansion
- The Haunted Mansion always closes in January to take down the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay, but this year its getting an extended renovation to the exterior of the ride. It seems that the overlay has done a decent amount of damage over time, so that's going to be fixed up, reopening sometime in the Spring.
- Indiana Jones
- We know that Indy is going to get a major refurb sometime in 2020, but so far there aren't any details as to when. So we'll do our very best to keep you all up to date!
That's everything we know so far! What are you most excited for? I, personally, can't wait to see what they do with Snow White. I loved the Alice in Wonderland enhancements, but was underwhelmed by the additions to Peter Pan. I'm hoping that with the new scene, Snow White will feel totally fresh and exciting.
Post a Comment