It's finally here - the day we find out all the details of Disneyland's long-awaited reopening. If you're planning on visiting, check out all the details below.
- If you already have tickets (from before the parks shut down), you can begin making reservations on April 12. *If you have tickets that you were never able to use, double check the expiration dates on those because the dates have been extended.*
- If you need to buy tickets, you can do that starting April 15 and you'll be able to make reservations once you buy those new tickets.
- Availability and reservations will open up on a rolling basis, so if you're planning a trip for a little ways out, you may need to wait a little longer before you can buy/reserve your dates. Keep checking back!
Who Can Visit Disneyland for Now
- For the time being, park tickets are only available to California residents. You'll need proof of your address...no funny stuff!
- When you make your reservation for your group, please keep in mind that they're asking for groups of not more than three households.
- As of reopening, the parks will be open from 9am-7pm daily. Yes, that's a bummer that they won't be open late or doing nighttime entertainment, BUT they still have to manage crowds and at 15% capacity you'll have absolutely no problem getting on all the rides before 7:00.
- Park hopping WILL be allowed!
- Unless there's a problem with crowds and availability, you'll get to choose which park you go to first with your Park Hopper passes. You can change parks after 1:00pm.
- If you're booking multi-day reservations, you'll need to state which park you want to go to and when.
Dining and Hotel Reservations
- Dining reservations won't begin until April 22.
- For now, Disney is recommending using the Disneyland App to do as much online ordering and payment as possible.
- If you want to stay at the Grand Californian (which seems to be the only open resort hotel at the moment), a KEEP IN MIND a hotel reservation does not equal a park reservation! You'll still need to go through the ticketing and parks reservation process whether or not you've already booked hotel.
- We don't have a definitive list yet about what rides will be open. Disney still have to follow some rules around how many people they can have indoors at a time so that may impact long, indoor rides (Pirates, I'm looking at you!).
- FastPass and MaxPass won't be available for now, but there will be some sort of online reservation system for Rise of the Resistance.
- Parking lots and structures will all be open and available for use.