We found out back in November that Toontown is slated for some big changes. Aside from some cool concept art, it was hard to tell what stays and what goes.
But we've just got official word! Check it out:
Going or, according to Disney, being "reimagined in new and exciting ways":
- Gadget's Go Coaster - This is a total bummer because it's a great way to ease smaller kids onto the big rides and see what they're ready for. Also, as someone who grew up with the Disney Afternoon, it's fun to see something so specifically from my childhood still hanging on in the parks. However, even with the new Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers movie coming out in May, there are not a ton of people who know who Gadget is or understand the theming. So I get it.
- Goofy's House - I hold a special place in my heart for Goofy's House. My kids LOVED taking a little time out to play there when they were small so it'll hold a special place in my heart. But looking at the new park-like ideas for that area (keep reading for more info!), I think it's great that there will still be a nice space for littles to take a break and play.
- Donald's Boat - I don't have too much to say about that one. Donald's Boat always felt like a missed opportunity to do...anything, really. I can see what looks like Donald's Boat in the concept art, so maybe they just have a better idea of how to execute it.
- Mickey's House - My favorite! I'd rather wait in line at Mickey's house and get to walk through all of its adorableness than stand in the sun on Main Street and maybe see him before he has to take a break. So glad it's staying!
- Minnie's House - The best alternative to Mickey's House if the line is more than an hour. Minnie's is always a shorter wait.
- Roger Rabbit - Considering they just gave it an update, I would have been shocked if this wasn't staying! Speaking of the update, I can't believe there was so much press and "anger" over the changes to Jessica Rabbit. They're hardly even noticeable! It's weird making her a detective since the rest of the ride stays so close to the original movie. But it's an absolutely tiny change, once you're actually there looking at it.
- Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway - Who's excited to see a ride starring Mickey and Minnie themselves?? It's counterpart at Walt Disney World is already open, so if you want a sneak peak there are tons of ride throughs on YouTube. It looks adorable!
- CenTOONial Park - This is going to be (what seems like) a very large playable space for young kids with an interactive fountain, climbable tree roots, and a large grassy area perfect for taking a break.
Toontown has already been under very visible construction for a couple of months now, but will officially close down March 9, reopening early next year. What are you most excited for?
Post a Comment